Saturday, August 13, 2011

American Peculiarities


I always thought China was weird.
It's not alone.
Exhibit A:
Martha Stewart gave this man a TV show.
There are other peculiar things around here. Once I can bear to go outside for more than ten minutes, I'll take some pictures. But here is a cryptic list of strange things I've seen:
  1. Man who closes his eyes while he talks–for at least 10 seconds at a time. Where are you supposed to look when you're talked to someone who has their eyes closed?
  2. Old pickup truck chained to a pole.
  3. 20 pound roosters own downtown Ocean Springs. Ocean Springs is not rural. It's near the beach. The phenomenon has been documented in all the (ahem) major newspapers in the State. One comment on an article said: The roosters were just teaching the black folks how to walk.
  4. Twins at the gym. They dress alike (not exactly alike but close). They have the same hairdo, same streaks. 
  5. The Asian people are ALL Vietnamese. I guess this isn't weird. They've been on the Gulf Coast for a long time. I just miss seeing Chinese people.
China pictures coming soon. Promise.

No comments: