Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A few pics of late

I haven't been taking many pictures lately--or doing anything besides writing and editing, but here a tiny handful to keep my hand in the game.

Up first...this is what an angry sky looks like in Shanghai. I suppose we all have our moody days, but at 2 p.m. in the afternoon...

I came home one evening from catering Saturday night and instead of going immediately to sleep, I started taking pictures of myself in the mirror--originally for a project I'm thinking of doing but then because I really liked the earrings I was wearing and my hair. I don't like to think of it as narcissism, but as photography practice. By the way, getting a decent shot of oneself in the mirror is not the easiest thing in the world.
 

Then came Sunday, a 2 1/2 hour nap after church, and at the 11th hour (literally) I went into town to interview some very elusive Inner Mongolian bluegrass artists. I've been trying to get in touch with these people for the better part of a month without success and had to get an extension on the article I'm writing about them. Quelle mafan! Luckily, they were really cool (if not half an hour late to the interview). Stay tuned for the write up...





It's the Mid-Autumn Festival here. (Don't get me started talking about the Chinese calendar.) So that means a full moon is on the horizon (can you have a horizon at night) and a friend of mine had a little party for which I made some very autumnal brownies. Chocolate, peanut butter (that I made myself), and pumpkin (organic, of course) all swirled together. Strange combination, but quite delish. Will endeavor to post the recipe soon.

No comments: