Thursday, October 15, 2009

Music for Autumn

I love autumn. I can't say enough about it except that we don't get enough of it here; however, I'm thankful that the cool evenings have come earlier this year than usual. Cardigans, jackets, jeans, blankets, tea, breezes, large leaves from plane trees falling everywhere, pumpkins, birthdays for some of my favorite people, the laziness of summer without the heat, curly hair not diffused by humidity. There is so much I could say about this most glorious of seasons. Today though, I've come up with a few songs I listen to as compliments to the shortening days...

  1. This Side [Nickel Creek]
  2. Manner and Means [Caedmon's Call]
  3. Let it Fall [Sean Watkins]--one of the most autumnal songs I know (Fall in the title does not refer to the season)
  4. More Love [Dixie Chicks]
  5. Keep it Loose, Keep it Tight [Amos Lee]--especially good for walking around the city
  6. These Days [Denison Witmer version although the Jackson Browne original is just as good]
  7. Ready [Meg Hutchinson]
  8. Comes a Time [Mutual Admiration Society]
  9. Gold [Interference, from Once soundtrack]--Listen to on repeat.
  10. Something Pretty [Patrick Park]--Listen to on repeat.
  11. Fields of Gold [Sting]
  12. Doctor My Eyes [Jackson Browne]--Never been able to get enough of this song.
  13. Drops in the River [Fleet Foxes]--All of Fleet Foxes for those of you who skipped the previous post.
  14. Don't Go Away [Oasis]
  15. Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometimes [From Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind soundtrack]
  16. Bobby [From Love Song for Bobby Long]

These are in no particular order, just great great songs I love to listen to all year and remind myself of autumn.

4 comments:

emily @ cabin fervor said...

Let it Fall is one of my top 10 favorite songs of all time! ALL TIME! I might listen to it right now. :-)

emily @ cabin fervor said...

Also, do you know "Seeing Stars" by Meg Hutchinson? It's more of a summer song but still very beautiful!

Flynn said...

Oh I'll have to check it out. I've only ever heard her song Ready.

Kristen said...

one of my all-time favorite songs is "this side" by nickel creek. love love love ittt