Friday, January 14, 2011

I Give Up and I Give Flowers

Ok. I hate to admit it, but I'm going to be a quitter. You may have noticed that I have lost some enthusiasm for my "picture of the day" resolution. Well. I am officially announcing that I quit. It's not that much fun. You know why? Because most days I sit at home and work at my desk. Then I go to the gym. Then I come home and after work it's already dark (plus it's literally below freezing outside) and I can only take so many pictures of my scarves, book shelf, and poorly lit dinners.

I hope you'll understand. I doubt it's breaking your heart too much, but if it is...here are some flowers to cheer your day. They're my favorite. They've got a light, sweet scent (I hope you have smell-o-screen), a plethora of delicate petals, and they're the elderly person's flower of China: peonies! And these ones have been freshly Aperture[d] so they'll be good for a long time.

Notice there are only two...that's because it takes me a very long time to edit photos on my fancy new program.

 This one is all vintaged up for my elderly Chinese readers.

And this one is so striking that the background has gone silent.

Who needs roses when you can have peonies?

No comments: