Monday, January 3, 2011

Two Week Foodie Cleanse


I'm not much of a "New Year, New You" resolutionist, but I really like trying new recipes and eating good, guilt-free food. I saw this two week Food Lover's Cleanse on Bon Appetit's website and thought it would be a great way to do both. 

Rather than start on Sunday, I kicked off my cleanse today and on meal two I'm really enjoying it (not to get too far ahead of myself).  One thing to note, if you're interested in trying it is that they allow for substitutions. Thank goodness because I can't find endives anywhere! The site also has a list of good cleansing foods to focus on with more recipes if you don't like some of the ones they picked as well as a short list of guidelines to keep you on the path to a healthy two weeks.

I'm planning to repeat some meals since I have just spent a ton on the first week's ingredients and also because, as usual when cooking for oneself, the leftovers are out of control! Anywho.  View the complete the meal plan here. 

And here are photos of my first two meals!


2-egg Omelet with Caramelized Onion and Mushroom: Added some ketchup too. Couldn't help myself.
Avocado Tartine and Vanilla Date Smoothie: 1-Don't let the word tartine scare you. It's mashed up avocado with lemon juice! And go make this smoothie even though it's freezing cold outside. You won't regret it I used kefir yogurt (had a culture) and almond milk (which the authors say to substitute so you can cut down on dairy). Plus Chinese dates which are very dry (and I had to cut around the seeds) but worked really well.

1 comment:

eva said...

ooh, great find! and the recipes look GOOD.