Thursday, October 6, 2011

Writing Up a Storm

I've been writing up a storm the past three weeks for the Sun Herald and I've been really thankful for all the work. I'm starting to get the hang of summing up events with less than 300 words.

I've gotten to meet an eclectic group of people...including phone interviews with an Olay spokeswoman and a martial arts stuntman...plus...


An 8k for breast cancer (the Spidey mask for the finish line)

A renowned songwriter (very down to earth)...
 

 A boy scout expo complete with catapult...

  A military mom who made a t-shirt quilt for her daughter...



 

A Greek night. (He's a real boy!) Opa!.. 

...complete with THE Greek Elvis 

Then there was an Elvis impersonator...


...on the beach.

This week has been all cars...

 ...cars to commemorate the fallen of 9/11
 

 Lovely veterans enjoying classic cars (I wanted to take them home)...
 


...and the man who made it do that

...a new blade-free LASIK surgery -- $2200/eye!

and back to cars, including ones with rat trap petals...
 

Phwew I'm wore out!

No comments: