Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I'm tempted to not tell you the name of the town I live in because if I did, it wouldn't be hard to find me. For one, I'm in the news biz. For two, there are only three news biz-es around here, further narrowing it down. For three, the name of my town is one of a kind. Four four, there aren't that many street lights around here, so I do not want you jumping out of the shadows. That job is reserved for the significant bunny population.

I haven't properly canvased my town with the ole camera yet. But here are a few pictures I've taken so far.

 This could totally be Ireland. I know. I lived there.

 They don't seem to update the street signs to often around here. I'm pretty sure this one is circa 1950. See Jane run. See Jane catapult herself into oncoming traffic. (Wait, who am I kidding? There's no traffic around here.)

 I'm a 6 minute bike ride away from this lighthouse. Anne Shirley, eat your heart out.

 I am the only person in town without a boat. Can you tell these are boats? I love the different shades of grey here, but I freely admit this may not look like anything.

 See, they were boats.

 I may or may not live close to Cape Cod, but I definitely took a bike ride along the Cape Cod Canal bike trail. Seven miles one way and I was sailing along like I had wings. Turned out, there was a very stiff breeze at my back and when I turned around to come home, a very stiff breeze at my face. What is it Kelly Clarkson sings?

At the end of the canal...that's not a metaphor.

3 comments:

scs said...

Tres lovely! Can't wait to come visit you there!! And See Grady Run Into Oncoming Traffic and Oogle Sailboats With Aunt George. I, too, am wondering if I have to set up some security settings now that we're headed back to the land of creepers..sigh!

Amanda said...

Love these! I so want to visit!!!

Flynn said...

Come!