Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Californivacation: Montaña de Oro State Park

Montaña de Oro. Doesn't that just roll of your tongue like melted gold? While exploring this state park I kept wanting to say it's name with the accent of the guy in the Princess Bride ("Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.")

But I didn't want to get into the bad habit of talking to myself, thus ensuring that I became that crazy tourist someone ran into on a path in Montaña de Oro State Park. It could all have spiraled out of control. Fo sho.

This was one of my favorite stops on a perfectly beautiful day. Lots of pics on this post so be sure go past the jump!

The ever appealing bend in the road.
This post has an undercurrent of surfers.
Admittedly not a good picture but look at the cute little animal. But what kind?

The avant garde shot.





Another bend. Couldn't help myself. Delicious contrast.
This vintagey look is how I imagine PCH. A view of Spooner's Cove.


Spooner's Cove.
There were tons of pretty rocks on this beach. Beachcombers searched for sea jade. Someone even gave me a piece of it but somehow it slipped from my fingers.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Great pictures!! Love your blog. :)