Thursday, September 24, 2009

Albums on Stream

More music again. I'll move to different interests in the next post, but for now... NPR has two highly coveted (?) albums streaming this week.

First: I and Love and You, the new release from the Avett Brothers. It's coming out next week, so here is what is probably your only chance to listen to all the songs. Exciting no? I did enjoy listening to the whole album, but I like the live version(s) of Laundry Room better. Worth a few listens though and it's only up til the 29th.

Second: Volcano Choir's one and only (so far) highly experimental album Unmap. Good name. I took a listen and they weren't kidding when they said it was experimental. If the lyrics were to be written down they'd look something like this:
ehyeah ee ahmlk diggy diggy bump bump
dun dun dun snow ooohwah

I don't know what I think about this album yet. It's definitely got the wintry, snowy feel of Bon Iver. Unmap is the type of album in which purchasing one or two tracks just won't do it.Without words and with similar style, the songs flowed into one another nicely. Made for good working music because it's nearly impossible to sing along.


No comments: