Friday, September 18, 2009

My Friend Is A Mail-Order Bride (Not My Friend Actually)

At this week's end, I've got for you two brief essays (one essay, one blog post actually) on the unusual experiences that come about when living in China. Both essayists are in my writing group, which, as a matter of fact, is composed of just the three of us at the moment...

First up, first-rate journalist Kellie Schmitt's article coming out in the next issue of Marie Claire called My Friend Is A Mail-Order Bride. The title gives you a good idea of the subject. The story gives an interesting perspective on how Chinese women view marriage today.

Second up, but not second-rate is a hilarious blog post by Justin Earley about an unusual encounter at Starbucks, where incidentally, he's had many an interesting encounter. The title, Remember the Time We Broke the Bed, should be enough to draw you.
 

No comments: